Audit and Accounting Director Dublin, Ireland
Audit and Accounting Director
Our client is a full-service firm of Chartered Accountants and Chartered Tax Advisors (CTA) based in Dublin 2.
They provide a broad range of professional services to a diverse cross section of corporate sectors throughout Ireland in a dynamic but well-established Practice.
Their partners, senior management and consultants have a background within the top 4 accountancy firms or have come from running their own businesses and are talented across many disciplines. They offer technical excellence within a boutique firm delivered by friendly, approachable experts to our clients.
Due to strong growth within the firm, they are seeking to add to their team and recruit a commercially focused Audit and Accounts Director on a permanent basis. Reporting at Partner level (and directly with clients) the role will be focused on managing a diverse client portfolio.
The ideal candidate will have:
A strong analytical mindset with the ability to assess risk and evaluate controls.
You are a self-motivated and intellectually curious person with the desire to grow your business/technical acumen to remain current on business developments, industry trends, emerging risks, and changes to the financial and regulatory environments.
The role will entail;
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the Audit and Accounts Department.
- Manage workflow within the department, provide an unrivalled client service, lead on business development and deliver the departments commercial performance.
- Manage a portfolio of Audit and Account clients providing all round accounting services and advice.
- Responsible for Quality Assurance Audit Planning, ensuring plans appropriately address audit objectives.
- Lead and conduct teamoriented, department-wide reviews of audit workpapers and be responsible for identifying and aggregating Quality Assurance Themes.
- Act as First line reviewer of detailed Quality Assurance results and draft Quality Assurance Audit reports.
- Oversee billing, collections, and profitability per assignment within the department.
- Manage client company secretarial compliance.
- Accounts preparation for sole traders, limited companies and partnerships with the provision of ad hoc tax related duties.
- Supervision and development of staff within the department providing guidance on the application of tools and best practice methodologies.
The Partners are keen to recruit a candidate who will be part of their management team and who can contribute to the development of our firm. This firm are offering the right person a long-term career within the firm with strong potential for career development with future opportunities at partner level.
Skills and competencies required;
- Qualified ACCA/ACA/CPA with several years post qualification experience.
- Number of years experience working and leading in a team environment.
- Track record in a mid-tier practice environment at manager level in a quality driven firm.
- A strong understanding of risks and controls.
- Practical audit experience, such as conducting risk assessments, creating and executing audit programs, executing and/or leading audits via appropriate use of technology, tools, guidance and methodology.
- Expert knowledge of relevant accounting standards.
- Effective supervision and time management skills with a capacity to prioritise work efficiently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, analytical thinking and intellectual curiosity.
- A strong blend of technical ability, judgement, and commercial awareness.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- A focus on a career in practice.
The position offers competitive reward reflective of the experience you bring to the role.