Business Performance Analyst Ireland, Leinster
Business Performance Analyst
Our client is a major commercial organisation providing a wide range of services. It is one of Ireland’s largest companies directly employing over 10,000 people through its national network of retail, processing, and delivery points.
Reporting to the Business Performance Manager, the Business Performance Analyst will provide support by identifying forecasting trends, building algorithms, performance reporting (planned vs actual) and driving improvements in performance. They will achieve this by extracting and analysing large data sets, identifying performance problems/emerging problems, providing insight, and driving pre-emptive action to rectify service failures.
- Preparation, analysis, and presentation of key business metrics to Operations.
- Analyse big datasets to produce new insight into business/performance.
- Run daily/weekly/monthly reports based on business concerns and provide feedback management.
- Identify trends and performance gaps.
- Act on internal ad hoc requests for analyses on metrics arising out of planning meetings/reviews.
- Identifying corrupt data.
- Working collaboratively to understand emerging data metrics for success focusing on scanning compliance and performance.
- Data mining and data modelling – collation of key metrics to create models and trend reporting.
- Provide cross-functional analytics reporting support.
- Management of team member(s).
- You must have at least 3 years experience working in a Business Analyst role.
- You will hold a (Level 8) Business /Data Analytics Degree (or similar discipline).
- You will possess the skills to collect, organise, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information, to produce new insight into our business while ensuring exceptional attention to detail and accuracy are achieved.
- You will have the interpersonal skills to build/maintain excellent relationships across multiple business functions, and excellent time management skills and prioritisation ability.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills are required as well as knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical software packages for data analysis, data modelling, data mining and segmentation techniques.
- You will be adept at writing queries, report writing and presenting findings.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages such as Oracle BI, databases (Oracle, programming skills (XML, VBA, SQL, python, R, awareness of APIs etc.) is desirable.
- A methodical and logical approach to problem solving.
- Ability to observe (based on site visits) and learn how an operational environment can be examined statistically.
- An understanding of how data will roll-up to weekly, monthly, quarterly etc. reports.
- Ability to create predictive Machine Learning models appropriate to the business case.
- The ability to plan, work and meet tight deadlines in a changing business environment.