Core Systems Engineer Ireland, Leinster
Senior Core Systems Engineer
Our client is a leading international mobile top-up service provider in the world, it has been keeping people connected since 2006 when it launched this first-of-a-kind service. Today, their users have successfully sent over 450 million top-ups globally, via their app, and in-store at over 600,000+ retail outlets worldwide.
They are currently looking for a Senior Core Systems Engineer for a 6-month contract, with possibility of extension. This is a day rate position.
Offering full remote or hybrid working structure.
Based in Dublin 4.
- Reports directly to Core Systems Team Lead
- Building, managing, and maintaining cloud and on-premises infrastructure for a global business.
- Provide 2nd level support on all IT infrastructure issues / queries across all supported platforms (hardware & software).
- Log, track, & update all tickets received via Track It, the IT Service Support logging tool.
- Update and maintain a detailed documentation database which forms the support hub for the IT Operations Team.
- Communicate all major service outages to the business via email and Slack to ensure users are kept informed on the outage right through till resolution.
- Liaise with internal teams and 3rd party providers in relation to IT issues / queries on infrastructure, applications etc.
- Assist IT with projects, key initiatives as required.
- Will be part of an on-call rotation.
- Minimum 5+ years experience in similar role.
- Proficiency with cloud IaaS products i.e., Azure Compute & AWS EC2
- Working knowledge of Azure Ecosystem (Azure AD, Azure Backup)
- Working knowledge of AWS Ecosystems (CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Route 53, S3)
- Windows Server 2012 R2 2019 DC
- Linux (Ubuntu & CentOS)
- Active Directory Domain Services (ADDS)
- Intune/MS Endpoint Manager
- Proficient with virtualization technologies (VMWare ESXi, VMWare vSphere, Hyper-V)
- Dell SAN Management
- Veeam Backup & Replication
- Datacentre Hardware (Dell EMC)
- SCCM, SCOM
- Working Knowledge of PCI DSS Compliance
- O365 (OneDrive, SharePoint Online, Exchange Online)
- Vulnerability & Patch Management
- PowerShell Scripting
Nice to Haves:
- Change Management
- Working Knowledge of ISO27001 Compliance
- Direct Access
- Symantec Endpoint Security Complete