Data Analyst Dublin, Ireland
Our client is a leading Financial Services organisation in Dublin. They have asked us to source a Data Analyst.
You will have minimum 2 years experience in the (non-life) insurance industry with excellent knowledge of insurance data, terminology and concepts. You will be able to manage projects and tasks and be able to work on their own initiative and able to make key decisions when required. You will be a good communicator and will liaise directly with partners and outsourced providers. Strong IT skills are essential, especially in SQL & Excel. SAS Experience will be a distinct advantage to securing this position.
- Work with existing operations staff to meet monthly deadlines.
- Reconcile data.
- Supporting in setting up and developing company reporting application.
- Follow the IT interface processes with data providers and liaise with their IT staff regarding the quality of data exchange.
- Ensure that the Data Quality is maintained to the highest standards in line with the objectives.
- Follow all controls as required in the analysis of data.
- Work with all departments, Finance, Claims, Underwriting and others to provide the required data to meet ad-hoc queries and month-end deadlines.
- Work and communicate with central IT teams to increase and advance the operational benefits of central platforms.
- All other duties, including ad hoc projects and/or travel, as assigned by your Manager.
Qualifications & Experience required for this role :
- Hold a third level qualification preferably in insurance, business or related discipline
- Insurance experience preferable.
- Strong IT skills are essential especially Excel, Access, VBA, SQL
- Experience in SAS is an advantage
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to collate financial data and prepare reports
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to relate to both business & IT specialists, working in different locations
- Fluency in English is essential and knowledge of French is a definite advantage