Electronic Technician Ireland, Connacht
Based in Mayo, our client is a leading international manufacturer of specialist agricultural farm machinery. They manufacture a range of fixed and variable chamber round balers, square and round bale wrappers, the Fusion integrated or combination baler wrapper and a range of round bale handling, bale splitting and silage & maize block cutting equipment.
They are seeking to recruit an Electronic Technician to participate in the on-going development; design, testing and repairing of electronic control systems used on the range of agricultural machinery. This is a permanent full-time position based on site.
- Manufacturing and testing of wiring harnesses and electronic hardware for our clients products.
- Diagnose and repair of faults in electronic hardware returned under warranty from customers.
- Communicate with customers and service personnel to debug and address electronic issues in the field.
- Ongoing updates of documentation and repair logs.
- Lab testing of complete product electronic control systems.
- Liaise with electronic and mechanical design engineers to create technical electronic specifications for various products and equipment.
- Build prototype wiring harnesses to facilitate machine testing.
- Provide technical assistance to mechanical design engineers as required.
- Responsible for ongoing production support – fault finding and on the spot repair of electronic equipment to keep the production line running.
- 2+ years experience in a similar role.
- Must be able to demonstrate a knowledge of 12-volt electronic systems.
- Must be capable of carrying out tasks with high levels of attention to detail.
- An innovative mind-set with a self-motivated drive for perfection.
- Experience with agricultural machinery is an advantage but not essential.
- Strong Interpersonal skills.