Financial Software Consultant Dublin, Dublin
Financial Software Consultant
Our client is a recognized global leader in software development for trading, risk management and processing. Everyday banks, asset managers, corporations, and utilities, across the world, rely on them to support their capital markets activities.
Over 2200 specialists are located across our 17 offices: Beijing, Beirut, Dubai, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Moscow, New York, Paris, Sao Paulo, Santiago, Seoul, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo, and Toronto
The Financial Software Consultant will work within the product team focused on risk aggregation and control. To contribute and deliver projects in various areas related to the product development: Pre-sales efforts, project implementations where new product features are being implemented, product development projects as well as trainings, internal support to client teams etc.
The candidate will have experience in software implementation in the financial services sector, working in a challenging role that combines both technical IT and financial skills in the risk area of financial markets. Clients will be both internal and external.
- Build an advanced knowledge of client business processes across the Enterprise Risk Management domain
- Collaborate with the development and testing teams to deliver product evolutions for business solutions
- Assist in the creation, management, and refinement of product backlogs
- Support the product and marketing teams to promote the product internally and externally
- Work on product packaging efforts as part of the product team
- Provide professional consulting services to customers throughout the full life cycle of product implementation
- Develop best practice processes and procedures for the design and implementation of business solutions
- Professionally manage and build relationships with customers and intermediaries
- Deliver product training to new and existing customers
- Provide customers with on-site assistance
- Be an expert on the product and provide advice to the client teams
- Minimum of 450 Leaving Certificate Points (or equivalent) essential
- Minimum 1H / 2H1 degree in Math / Physics / Engineering or Finance
- At least 3-4 years relevant experience in either the financial services sector or in IT consulting is required.
- Experience of the financial software industry
- Ability to prioritize tasks, to ensure deadlines are achieved.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to engage efficiently with both business sponsors and technical architects
- Capacity to manage sometimes complex client / intermediary relationships and manage expectations
- Good quantitative background
- Strong interest in financial markets and technology
- Willingness to travel, with a Dublin base, is essential.
- Second Language
- Technical skills would be beneficial i.e., RDBMS (Sybase, Oracle), Unix / NT / LINUX operating systems
- Experience of an Agile project environment would be beneficial