Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Manager Ireland, Leinster
Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Manager 15 Month FTC
Our client is a major commercial organisation providing a wide range of services which encompass postal, communication, retail, and financial services. It is one of Ireland’s largest companies directly employing over 10,000 people through its national network of retail, processing, and delivery points.
They currently use GIS Systems/Technology to support day-to-day operations, particularly for planning and logistics. They have deployed ArcGIS technology and maintain several critical sets of GIS data including data supporting our logistics operations. The GIS team use spatially-enabled Central Address dataset (CAD) combined with digital mapping, statistics and GIS technology to provide a range of services including operational planning, network optimisation and asset management.
Working alongside business and technical colleagues, you will maintain and run the ArcGIS environment and provide GIS management, applications analysis and data services to projects and business areas including some services to support the GeoDirectory product.
- Management of ArcGIS Technical environments and data provision
- Management of digital mapping and data licensing/contracts ensuring availability for projects
- Maintenance of boundaries, road data sets and other GIS repositories
- Work with/lead GIS Technician resources ensuring capacity for forecast workloads
- Ensure expertise to meet project requirements is maintained
- Engage business and technology areas to advise on how best to meet GIS requirements
- Hands on delivery of GIS services/technology
- Work alongside teams supporting our Central Address Database, Business Intelligence and GeoDirectory systems.
- Degree (BSc) qualification in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or an equivalent qualification that has GIS as a significant module within it.
- Ideally, you will have 5 years satisfactory relevant experience in GIS management with a consistent track record in the management and application of GIS solutions.
- A detailed understanding of the ArcGIS platform; ArcGIS desktop, ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS
- Enterprise and ArcGIS Online is required and ideally general systems integration experience working with Oracle database technologies/systems.
- ArcGIS platform upgrades
- Spatial databases and database management
- Data extraction, conversion, cleaning, and analysis
- Map design and production
- The creation, maintenance, and interrogation of spatial datasets
- Knowledge of data quality issues, standards, and metadata
- GeoDirectory dataset
- IT and graphical analysis/presentation skills
- Excellent problem solving and analysis skills, communication skills and the ability to explain complex GIS technical concepts to non-technical users is key in this position.
- You will be an effective decision maker, results-focused, able to work on own initiative and a great teammate with demonstrable ability to lead and empower a team.