JAVA Developer Ireland, Leinster
Our client is a leader in the provision of trading and risk management technology. Their software is used by the world’s leading investment banks, asset managers, hedge funds, commodity houses and corporations to price, analyse and manage their derivative exposures for foreign exchange, interest rate, equity, commodity, inflation, and credit derivatives.
They are currently looking for a JAVA Developer. The candidate will work in the Dublin development team, supporting development of modules of our clients platform, working closely with the product management to develop new functionality, rapidly solve problems and enhance existing aspects of the application.
- Design and implementation of new functional modules from start to end.
- Maintenance, support, and enhancement of the existing application.
- Participate as a member of an Agile development team.
- Planning and prioritizing development priorities working closely with team members.
- Working with product and customer management across different time zones to diagnose problems and suggest fixes.
- 2.1 or higher degree in Computer Science / Maths / Software Engineering
- 450+ Leaving Certificate Points (or equivalent)
- 2+ years experience of JAVA programming
- Experience with 3-tier architectures
- Experience with multi-threaded applications.
- Experience with distributed systems
- Experience with Agile methodologies, for example, Scrum or Kanban.
- Fluent English is essential