Junior Development Data Specialist Dublin, Ireland
Our client is a leading Financial Services organisation in Dublin. They have asked us to source a Data Analyst.
Due to a new project development, they are putting together a team to transform their data process and move to an Oracle database. The person fulfilling this role will report to the Head of Data Quality and development.
SQL & Excel skills are essential and experience in SAS & Python an advantage. The person must be capable to work on their own initiative and liaise directly with team members, other departments, our partners and outsourced providers.
- Work with existing team members within project development.
- Perform data validation pre-integration.
- Develop new data integration using SAS and SQL developer.
- Develop Store procedures and triggers within SQL Developer.
- Document development in line with department guidelines.
- Supporting in developing a company reporting application in SAS VA.
- Ensure that the Data Quality is maintained to the highest standards in line with the objectives.
- Work with all departments, Finance, Claims, Underwriting and others to gather reporting requirements.
- All other duties, including ad hoc projects and/or travel, as assigned by your Manager.
Qualifications & Experience required for this role :
- Hold a third level qualification preferably database or data analysis
- Insurance experience preferable.
- Strong IT skills are essential especially SQL & Excel
- Experience in SAS & Python is an advantage
- Good logical, critical thinking & problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to relate to both business & IT specialists, working in different locations
- Fluency in English is essential and knowledge of French is a definite advantage