Network Administrator Ireland, Leinster
Our client is an international logistics service provider with a global network, they are not only offering standardised solutions, but also put together individual logistics products to meet the specific requirements of a supply chain.
The Network Administrator will be planning, designing, and implementing scalable local and wide- area network solutions between multiple platforms and protocols (including IP and VOIP). They will be coordinating installation of such items as switches and other network attached devices with appropriate vendors, developing tools to automate the deployment, administration and monitoring of a network system. They will also be conducting tests of network redundancy, resilience, and failover of network elements to ensure up-time standards are fully achieved. As well as responsible for system performance, supports/troubleshoots network issues.
- Perform the installation, maintenance, repair, and monitoring of LAN Physical Infrastructure to ensure proper functionality and performance, including associated operating system software and hardware components such as routers, bridges, switches, hubs, and associated cabling and wiring
- Perform installation, maintenance, repair, and monitoring of the WAN environment to ensure proper functionality and performance, including associated operating system software and hardware components
- Ensure optimal network performance by assisting with performance and capacity monitoring and making and implementing recommendations to resolve identified issues.
- Perform maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
- Perform tests and continues monitoring of network redundancy, resilience and failover of network elements
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
- Assist in troubleshooting, testing & monitoring equipment.
- Day-to-day support of server systems in central and remote locations
- Understand and adhere to all Corporate and local IT Policies.
- Providing 2nd/3rd level technical support to internal help desk
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Degree in a technology or engineering
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft networking technologies – Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP.
- Broad based knowledge of applications in the Microsoft ecosystem: backup technologies, database technologies, application servers, web servers, etc.
- Experience developing and understanding network device configuration
- Experience understanding and mitigating network hardware and topology failures
- Good prioritization skills and the ability to effectively switch tasks on varying projects and initiatives
- Ability to work within a team
- Travel will be required from time to time
- Out of hours and weekend will be required from time to time