Software Development Team Lead Ireland, Munster
Software Development Team Lead
Our client is looking for a Software Development Team Lead. This is a great opportunity to join an experienced, process driven and innovative team of developers & QA experts at Irelands market leader of ERP software to the Agri industry. If you are looking for the next phase of your career journey, then this role is for you! You would be joining at an exciting time in our clients development cycle as they help customers continue their journey to the cloud. This is also a great opportunity to lead a team of innovative, creative, and curious developers!
They are looking for someone who will want to grow and develop your leadership skills in a highly motivated business. You will be seeking to strengthen your creative technical knowledge in an environment that welcomes continuous improvement across product, process, and quality development. You will be passionate about providing software solutions to meet customer needs for the short and long term. Above all you will be a team player that can thrive in a collaborative KPI driven environment and you will be comfortable embracing a fail – fast mentality!
- Provision of mentorship and support for your development team members.
- Provision of technical guidance and best practice advice on SDLC for top tier enterprise customers
- Design, develop and execute a 3-year a cloud roadmap for customers.
- Execute against and continuously review the 5-year product roadmaps.
- Provide guidance on new technical customizations, functionality, and modules.
- Support the development of web applications, enterprise applications, mobile applications, and web services.
- Participate in software code reviews and process improvements to maintain code quality.
- Partner with Business Analysts to understand requirements and provide optimal technical solution(s) to fulfill customer requirements.
- Provide accurate estimates for development items and consistently meet estimates.
- Collaborate with other teams to support defect resolution, production migration, and post – production support.
- Ensure the development process life cycle is in line with best practice guidelines.
- Implement agile methodology for all major development work projects.
- College degree in Information Systems Management, comparable area of study or, comparable industry certification or experience
- SDLC & Agile Methodology certification
- At least 2 years of experience in leading and mentoring a team of developers.
- At least 5 years development experience in an Oracle Fusion Middleware (Oracle Forms and Reports) and Oracle database development
- Experience in high scalability projects involving cloud-based infrastructure design and implementation (preferably Oracle).
- Solid understanding of Web Services protocols such as REST, SOAP and API design for extensibility and portability.
- Proven track record of success operating in a dynamic team environment with focus on team success.
- Ability to use version control software such as GIT and SVN.
- Oracle certification OCP/OCM/OCS desired, but not essential