Systems Executive Ireland, Leinster
Our client is one of Ireland’s largest companies directly employing over 10,000 people through its national network of retail, processing, and delivery points. Reporting to the National Systems Manager and based in the DMC, the Systems Executive will ensure the day-to-day upkeep of software in all automated mails and parcels centres as directed, provide central system application maintenance and ensure maximum availability and systems support effort in all areas of performance
- Providing system support for all mails & parcels automated systems and database and central system application maintenance.
- Performing system backups and data clean-ups.
- Performing software installations/upgrades, testing and validation.
- Monitoring the technical performance of all automated equipment.
- Supporting new development.
- Identifying and implementing system process improvements where appropriate.
- Attending to machine/system faults and troubleshoot as required.
- Analysis, co-ordination, and management of issues.
- Work effectively with others in Engineering, Operations and elsewhere and undertaking other roles as required in the Engineering & Systems team, including short term cover & longer-term rotation.
- Supporting all aspects of continuous improvement and quality.
- Providing on call support to all automated processing sites.
- You will have experience working in mails processing sortation and operation and good technical knowledge of mails processing equipment.
- A qualification in an IT/Engineering related is desirable but not a requirement.
- An understanding of Computer Networks, good analytical, co-ordination, organisational and troubleshooting skills are key.
- You will have excellent communication skills and the interpersonal skills to build/maintain excellent relationships across the business.
- The capacity to attend outside of non-core hours and provide on call support.
- Car with a full clean driving licence are required.