Technical Support Specialist Ireland, Leinster
Technical Support Specialist 12 Month FTC
Our client is a major commercial organisation providing a wide range of services which encompass postal, communication, retail, and financial services. It is one of Ireland’s largest companies directly employing over 10,000 people through its national network of retail, processing, and delivery points.
They are looking for a Technical Support Specialist to join their Central Address Database GTS team. This team is responsible for the maintenance and development of the Central Address Database (CAD) and GeoDirectory Database. CAD GTS provides data to support several critical business processes particularly in the Commerce business. The GeoDirectory product is a database of all address points in Ireland and the CAD team provide certain support services to the GeoDirectory company.
The role will work alongside the existing CAD GTS team to provide technical support, software development and data interfaces related to the Central Address Database (CAD) and GeoDirectory systems. This will include both support and project related activity.
- Supporting regular product releases of GeoDirectory and CAD databases and other critical systems.
- Working alongside the existing team to provide technical support and development for CAD and GeoDirectory Database and related systems.
- Provide support to the GeoDirectory business team
- Develop and maintain expertise in CAD/GeoDirectory data
- System & Integration testing for projects/changes to systems
- Provide technology support for systems in the area including Route Design, CAD, Geo Directory Order/Production systems
- Writing technical and end-user documentation.
- Assist with managing the dataflow between CAD, GeoDirectory, GIS Systems, Mails Automation, Route Design, and other key systems
- Assist with loading/management of data and ensure quality standards are maintained.
- Relevant third level qualification and technical knowledge of working with Oracle Databases, running/creating scripts including PL/SQL and ideally data reporting tools/technologies.
- You will have at least 2 years satisfactory relevant experience ideally including responsibilities for data management and systems support.
- A customer focus, with excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing is key.
- Excellent organisational and data analysis skills together with attention to detail & ability to work as part of a team or on own initiative are required.
- You will also be results orientated and be flexible in a changing environment.